Your Personal Information is at risk as Identity Theft increases. Criminals are becoming more sophisticated. Millions of Identities are stolen by cyber thieves each year. These international criminal organizations are very hard to track and are often one step ahead of authorities. Identity Theft is hard to come by. Identity Theft Rings are very sophisticated and are able to circumvent any security implementations to guard your personal information. How secure is your Personal Information and how do you protect yourself and your family?
My personal Experience with Identity Theft
About two years ago I noticed that money was missing from my bank account. Not a small amount either. I was very concerned because I knew I had taken great care of protecting my Information. Apparently I did not do enough. I was one of so many people who thought it happens to other people and will not happen to me. But here I was. A victim of cyber thieves. I was lucky that my bank took great care of me and my loss was not that great at the end.
How to protect yourself
- Periodically monitor my information.
- Check Bank Accounts, Credit Card Accounts and any other accounts on a daily basis. I have caught unauthorized charges and wrong charge amounts before and was able to address and resolve the issues.
- Don’t give out personal information such as social security information, bank account information etc. via phone or email.
- Don’t talk to company unless I call them at their listed number.
- Don’t open and respond to email that look suspicious, asks for personal information or solicits.
- Don’t carry credit cards and other personal information with you unless you need it.
- Put a passcode on your smartphone, iPads and computer in case it get’s stolen or lost.
- Never leave anything visible in your car. Gangs operate all over the country using the “Smash and Grab” method of stealing items from cars.
Protecting yourself and your family
My whole family has been a member of LifeLock for many years now and I am amazed at the top level security monitoring this company provides. LifeLock tracks activities 24/7/365. If anything seems out of the ordinary they will notify me. I get a monthly report about the standing of my account. Lifelock.com mission is to protect it’s customers from credit fraud. The goal is to monitor and catch fraud before it happens. LifeLock guarantees it’s service in the amount of 1 Million Dollars should a member fall victim to Identity Theft.
You can protect yourself and your family from identity theft. There are other companies providing this kind of service, I just happen to be a member of Lifelock, the best in the industry in my opinion. It is a small price to pay to keep your information safe and sleep well at night. Don’t think it can’t happen to you.